I was nominated by the lovely Nocturnal Book Club for this award. Thanks so much and if you aren’t already following this blog, you should be! If you don’t already know what this is, the Liebster Award is a fun way to promote and recognize new blogs with less than 200 followers.
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award
- Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer
The 11 questions for me to answer:
What are you currently reading? Since She Went Away by David Bell
How many books do you own? Oh gosh at least 500! Maybe more? 😳 I’m such a book hoarder. I have so many packed away and stored. Getting ready to build a new house and I’m dying to design a library so I can display all my beauties 😍
What do you plan to read next? The Story of Our Life by Shari Low
What are the two movies which you think did justice to their books? The Hunger Games, I loved the books, but the movies were fantastic too! Again, the Notebook was an awesome book. But Ryan Gosling as Noah 😍
If you absolutely had to, which one of your favorite characters would you kill? This is such a hard question and I’ve been thinking about it for awhile. But I think I finally figured it out. So Chelsea Cain writes this amazing series about a female serial killer named Gretchen Lowell and the cop trying to catch her Archie Sheridan. Their relationship is twisted and complicated and oh so intriguing. Several times while I was reading this series parts of me actually liked Gretchen a little?! What’s wrong with me, right?! 😂 so if I had to kill one of my favorite in a weird way characters, Gretchen Lowell it is!
What was the first book that you read that traumatized you? I don’t even remember exactly how old I was when I read this, but I think I was probably in middle school. My poor innocent mind was highly disturbed by the seriously messed up Dollanganger family in the Flowers in the Attic. Incest?! 😱
If you had to read one book for the rest of your life, which one would it be? This is like asking who my favorite author is, or which one of my three kids is my favorite! So hard! I guess if I had to pick I would say Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
If you could live inside one book which one would it be? Again, tough question! I know this is the obvious answer, but seriously how can you not pick Harry Potter?!
Name the one person you would forgive for not returning your books? My sister. She’s one of the few I actually allow to borrow my books.
If you could make one book boyfriend come to life, who would it be? Man, these questions are killing me! Even though he’s way too young for me, teenage me would have been obsessed with Dean from Colleen Hoover’s Hopeless.
Would you rather be Dumbledore or Voldemort and why? Dumbledore, duh! 😜
11 Facts About Me
- My dream job is to be a librarian. I just love everything about being in a library.
- I’ve been married six years and have three amazing and beautiful kids.
- Besides being obsessed with books, I also have a slightly unhealthy obsession/fascination with trashy reality TV. Real Housewives anyone?
- I hate cooking so much even though I’m not that bad at it, yet I cook most nights. Gotta feed the family!
- I have a desperate fear of rodents, especially mice and rats. Just typing it out made me actually shiver.
- Disneyland is my happy place. As soon I walk onto Main Street I feel like all my troubles are non existent.
- I’m a total homebody and have to psyche myself up to get motivated to leave my house. Which sucks since I always have someplace to be haha.
- I had an imaginary friend named Broccoli as a kid. Such a weirdo. My own kids find this hysterical.
- I was in dance from age 3-17 and did all types. Ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, etc. I was in a performing company that competed but when I turned 17 I had enough and just quit.
- I’m a night owl but all my kids are morning people. Thank god for coffee.
- I’m fiercely loyal to my close friends and family. There are very few who I call close friends though. I choose my real life friends very wisely.
My nominees for the Liebster Award (disclaimer, if you have already been nominated or just don’t want to participate no worries!)
11 Questions from me:
- What book do you dislike that everyone else seems to love?
- Ebook or actual book?
- If you had to part with one of your favorite books forever which one would it be?
- Favorite type of book to review?
- Favorite type of book to read purely for pleasure?
- If you had to pick your favorite author who? Why?
- Who is your dream author interview?
- What book are you most excited to see released this year?
- Favorite quote about reading/books?
- Link to your favorite post/review you’ve written?
- How did you pick your blog name?